COSMETIC BOUTIQUE AUSTRALIA
FIBROBLAST ANTI-WRINKLE - NOSE DEFINITION
Fibroblast is an innovative skin rejuvenation treatment that can tighten, lift, and reduce lines without surgery and minimal downtime. Using only state-of-the-art technology, Cosmetic Boutique can transform your skin to reveal a more youthful, confident you. Fibroblast can also be used to reduce the look of stretch marks and remove skin lesions.
Common facial treatment areas:
- Upper & lower eyelid,
- Crow’s feet
- Cheek (smile lines)
- Upper lip
Common body treatment areas:
Bespoke treatment plans are available, so if you do not see your area of concern listed in the price list below, please call and discuss your needs with our professionally trained therapists so we can help you achieve your goals.
Standard terms and conditions apply.
How do I book my treatment?
After your purchase online, our wonderful team will call you to make your booking:
To book your appointment simply call your preferred Cosmetic Boutique Australia location advising you are booking an online purchase and provide your order number. On the day of your booking, present a copy of your order email to your therapist either on your phone or a printed copy. If the purchase is a gift, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the person the gift has been purchased for to be sent a gift voucher.
Standard terms and conditions apply.
What is Fibroblast treatments?
Fibroblast is an innovative skin rejuvenation treatment that can tighten, lift and reduce lines without surgery and minimal downtime. Using only state of the art technology, Cosmetic Boutique can transform your skin to reveal a more youthful, confident you. Fibroblast can also be used to reduce the look of stretch marks and remove skin lesions.
What are the benefits of Fibroblast treatments?
- No surgery
- No needles
- Low risk
- Minimal downtime
With Fibroblast we can treat a wide range of skin problems and as such, depending on your treatment area you can experience:
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Lifting and tightening of the skin.
- Increase in collagen production.
- Reduction in scarring and stretch marks.
How does fibroblast work?
The Fibroblast is a small handheld device that ionises nitrogen and oxygen to create a small flash to treat the targeted area. The Fibroblast is then directed to the skin via a fine nozzle, which subsequently transfers into the epidermis layer of the skin down to the fibroblast cells in the papillary layer, leaving small carbon crusts where the Fibroblast has evaporated excess skin. The heat then encourages the skin to contract, visibly lifting and tightening the area. As these are tiny controlled injuries, the natural healing ability of the body is triggered, resulting in an increase in collagen production.
What to expect from fibroblast?
At the beginning of the treatment the area will be outlined. As the treatment progresses over the area where you may feel mild zaps as the Fibroblast moves from the tip to the skin. The treatment length varies based on the area to be treated.
Following treatment, you can expect swelling, redness and small brown spots known as carbon crusts. These will scab over the next few days with the scabs expected to have fallen off by day 7. We recommend not wearing makeup until this occurs. You will also be provided with an aftercare cream. We recommend you continue to use this until the scabs are completely healed.
When can I expect to see results?
Most individuals will see immediate results after treatment with noticeable improvements occurring in the two weeks after. The skin will then continue to improve over the next 2-3 months with results expected to last between 2–5 years.
How many sessions do I need?
A single (one) session is often all you need, however for some clients a second or third treatment may be required to achieve desired results. Follow up treatments can be performed after 8 – 12 weeks.
Does fibroblast suit me?
We recommend that all clients arrange a consultation with one of our therapists prior to any treatment to determine suitability, but generally speaking, it is suitable for most skin types.
If you have very dark skin (Fitzpatrick scale type 6), vitiligo or are prone to scarring this procedure may not be suitable. This procedure is not recommended to those who are pregnant, breastfeeding, immune deficient, take blood thinning or acne medication.
Pre treatment preparation
It is important that you inform your therapist if you have any significant medical history and/or if you are taking any medications prior to treatment. Makeup and sunscreen will also have to be removed prior to treatment.
- Do not wax, pluck, use depilatory creams or undertake electrolysis for 2 weeks prior to treatment, and in between treatments
- Do not use prescription strength exfoliant creams (discuss with your therapist) for 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Do not shave for up to 1 weeks prior to first treatment. Please shave the night before all subsequent treatments
- Avoid tanning, including self-tanning lotions, tanning bed/booths or sun exposure, for 4 weeks prior to and in between treatments. A sunscreen with SPF 30 or greater should be used on any area of sun-exposed skin, which you plan to treat
- Skin Types 3 and above may need to commence melanin inhibitors 2-4 weeks prior
Post treatment care
Until redness has completely resolved, avoid all the following:
- Applying cosmetics or alcohol based products on treated areas
- Swimming, especially in pools with chemical/chlorine
- Hot tubs and jacuzzis
- Activities that cause excessive perspiration
- Avoid sun exposure to treated areas
- Do not pick, scratch or remove scabs as this will cause unwanted side effects
- Apply a sunscreen with SPF 30+ daily to sun exposed skin, AND REAPPLY AS DIRECTED BY PRODUCT INSTRUCTIONS
- Increased photosensitivity to UV can occur when taking certain medications. During your treatment programme, if you have commenced or changed dosage with the following medications, you must advise your clinician:
- Herbal preparations – St Johns wort, Gingko Biloba, citrus oils, Herbal HRT therapies
Taking these medications does not exclude you from Fibroblast treatments; however, extra precautions are applicable in these cases.
In addition to the above instructions, further individualised recommendations may apply such as:
Fibroblast post treatment
- Application of Stratamed or an ice pack/cool compress every hour for 5 to 10 minutes may be soothing to the skin. Continue until symptoms subside
- Only apply Stratamed on the treatment area for the first 24 hours
- Avoid getting the area wet for 24 hour and do not apply any cosmetic or cosmeceutical products to the area
- Avoid sun exposure to treated areas. Apply a sun block with SPF 30 or greater daily to sun-exposed treated areas between treatments and for 4-6 weeks after last treatment
- Recommended to use SPF daily, once the scabs have formed
- Bathe or shower as usual. Treated areas may be temperature sensitive. Avoid use of strongly scented lotions or soaps, prescription strength exfoliant creams, loofah sponges, and aggressive scrubbing to treated areas during healing phase
- Allow any blistered or open areas to heal spontaneously. If healing is delayed, a thin coating of antibiotic ointment may be advised. Do not pick at these areas. Picking may result in infection or scarring. Allow any crusting to heal spontaneously, crusting will resolve in 3 to 14 days. Application of antibiotic ointment is not recommended for crusting
- Best results are obtained on clients who have follow up treatment 3-6 months after their initial treatment. Your clinician will advise you when you should schedule your next appointment. It is important to adhere to this regime
Pigmented lesions post treatment
- A sunburn-like sensation is expected. This usually last 2 to 24 hours but can persist up to 72 hours. Mild swelling and/or redness may accompany this, which usually resolves in 2 to 3 days. In some cases, prolonged redness or blistering may occur
- The lesion may initially look raised and/or darker with a reddened perimeter. Apply cool/ice compresses to treatment areas for 10 to 15 minutes every hour for the next 4 hours, as needed, to reduce discomfort and heat sensation
- The lesion will gradually turn darker over the next 24 to 48 hours. It may turn dark brown or even black.
- The lesion will progress to scabs/crusting and will start flaking off in 5-15 days
- The lesion is usually healed in 3-20 days. It will continue to fade over the next 2 to 4 weeks
- Direct sunlight to the treated area should be avoided. Daily application of a SPF30 is recommended to prevent development of new lesions
Vascular Lesions Post Treatment
- A sunburn-like sensation is expected. It usually lasts 2 to 24 hours but can persist up to 72 hours. Mild swelling and/or redness may accompany this, which usually resolves in 2 to 3 days. This can be treated with cold packs
- Apply cool/ice compress to treatment areas for 10 to15 minutes every hour for the next 4 hours, as needed, to reduce discomfort and heat sensation
- The vessels may have micro-crusting and scabbing which falls off within 1-2 weeks after the treatment
- The treated area can be gently cleansed and topical bactericidal ointment can be applied if needed
- The vessels undergo immediate greying or blanching. In some cases, only a slight purplish change is noted. Vessels either fully or partially resolve in about 10 to 14 days and areas of diffuse flushing gradually fade leaving skin with normal appearance.
Are there any possible side effects?
Treatments with Fibroblasts are considered low-risk however you may experience minor discomfort during treatment, and following treatment it is expected to have redness, swelling and carbon crusts (brown spots) for 5–7 days. The spots will scab and fall off in this time.
You may also experience mild side effects such as:
- Hyper Pigmentation
- Hypo Pigmentation
How can I benefit from a consultation?
We provide in-depth consultations for all of our skin services in Melbourne. Our professionally trained therapists will assess your skin and help you understand the most suitable ways to achieve the glowing, healthy and radiant skin that you want.
We offer 35 different payment methods including major providers like Mastercard, Visa, PayPal, American Express and Diners as well as many different local payment methods including Klarna, iDEAL, AliPay, Sofort, giropay, and many more.